School Supplies


My Dad has always been a PC guy, and we always had PCs in the house when I was growing up. But, as you might imagine with a graphic design program, I'm using Macs in school. And honestly, I like them better. Maybe the shared fashion sense, if we go by the picture.

I bought a Macbook today - and it felt just a little weird, like buying Pepsi after a lifetime of drinking Coke. Except that there's a discernable difference between a Mac and a PC, so maybe it's more like...I donno - rednecks fight to the death about whether Ford is better than Chevy or vice-versa, so maybe it's like that. I donno. It's like something, though, that's for sure.

Clicking "Process My Order" was just a wee bit nerve-wracking, though. I don't think I've ever spent anything close to that on a single purchase in my life. Add to that the $250 I spent on textbooks this afternoon, and it was an expensive day.

Still, nerve-wracking or not, I'm pretty excited about my new toy. It's sort of like when I was a kid and I saved UPC symbols from 10 G.I. Joe (A Real American Hero!) action figures so I could send away for the special Sergeant Slaughter figure, and I was all excited but then I had to wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery and it was the longest fucking 4 to 6 weeks of my life. It was worth it, though, 'cuz Sergeant Slaughter kicked all kinds of Cobra (The Enemy!) ass.*

I want my new toy to be here now. Why isn't it here now? Why why why? Damn it!


* Actually, in retrospect, Sgt. Slaughter was pretty lame - why would a WWF wrestler be a G.I. Joe? Still, not as lame as the time they did a special "Refrigerator" Perry G.I. Joe figure.