I Steal the Movie Meme, Too!

Stolen from Todd and Erin.

Here are the rules I must follow:

* Pick 15 of my favorite movies.
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them on el bloggo for everyone to guess.
* Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed.

These are the rules, people!

* Leave guesses in the comments.
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions. Don’t cheat, suckas!
*Know-it-alls, limit your guesses to three movies. Save some for others!



ETA: Y'all are smart, you got 'em all, even some of my most obscure choices! I listed just the first comment to be registered as the "winner," but many of you guessed many of them correctly! Nice work, movie lovers!



"Can you believe these new girls? None of them use birth control and they eat all the steak!" (Almost Famous - Monica)

"Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?" (O Brother Where Art Thou? - Average Jane)

"Most of the week we were Ozzie and Harriet, but every Saturday night we were finding something out: we were finding out more and more that we were not alone. It used to be that when I came home angry and depressed I'd just clean my condo, polish my Scandinavian furniture. I should have been looking for a new condo. I should have been haggling with my insurance company. I should have been upset about my nice, neat, flaming little shit. But I wasn't." (Fight Club - Leah)

"Remember when you were six? You and your brother snuck into an empty building through a basement window. You were going to play doctor. He showed you his but when it got to be your turn you chickened and ran, you remember that? You ever tell anybody that? Your mother, Tyrell, anybody? Remember the spider that lived outside your window? Orange body, green legs. Watched her build a web all summer then one day there's a big egg in it. The egg hatched..." (Blade Runner - Average Jane)

"I admire you as a policeman, particularly your adherence to violence as a necessary adjunct to the job." (L.A. Confidential - QIR)

"I should get one of those signs that says 'One of these days I'm gonna get organezized'." (Taxi Driver - Tituba)

"What was I supposed to do - call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?" (The Sting - Simon)

"Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho." (Die Hard - Matt)

"We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly." (Aliens - Average Jane)

"It was nothing like that, penis-breath!" (E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - Erin)

"Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you, though." (Caddyshack - Todd)

"By the way, it says 'balls' on your face." (Garden State - Monkey McWearingchaps)

"I'm telling you this for your own good, that's the worst fuckin' sweater I've ever seen, that's a Cosby sweater." (High Fidelity - Todd)

"You hit me. Look don't make me participate in your stupid crap if you don't like the way I do it. You make me get out of bed, you make me come over here. You make me make a phony phone call to Edward Rooney? The man could squash my nuts into oblivion. And-and-and then, and then, you deliberately hurt my feelings." (Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Erin)

"Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob." (Bull Durham - Matt)